Skip to main content

2020 Neighborhood Playhouse HEERF & CARES Act Reporting

CARES ACT REPORTING ON EMERGENCY FINANCIAL AID GRANTS TO STUDENTS

On March 27, 2020, the Federal government enacted the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Pub L. No. 116-136, providing funds to institutions from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to make Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students for expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus, including eligible expenses under s student’s cost of attendance, such as food, course materials, technology, health care, and child care. The law requires institutions to report certain information related to the use of these funds.  The following information is reported for the period, May 19, 2020 to July 6th, 2020. 

 

  1. This statement shall serve to acknowledge that our institution signed and returned to the US Department of Education the Certification and Agreement - Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.  We further attest that our institution has used, and/or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.

  1. The total amount of funds that the institution has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement [for] Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Student is $30,491.

  1. The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of May 29, 2020, is $30,491. 

  1. The estimated total number of students at our institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act is 31.

  1. The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to date is 25.

  1. The following is the method used by our institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much each student has received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act. The Neighborhood Playhouse identified all currently enrolled students within the school’s system who met the eligibility guidelines for a valid FAFSA application.  Each of these student’s received an email with an application to apply for the Emergency Financial Aid Grant under the CARES Act, Pub L. No. 116-136. The intention was to split the funds evenly, but this would have over-awarded certain applicants. Applicants requested amounts were ranked, and the bottom 20% received their full request. The remaining 80% of applicants received an equal distribution of the remaining funds.

  1. The following instructions/directions/guidance was provided by our institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants. Please click here for a record of The Neighborhood Playhouse's correspondence to students. 

  2. As of July 6th, 2020 all funds have been fully spent.